Skip to main content
Summertime.

 Our building's water tower, with half-moon.

Fifth-grader's last day of school. The science poster comes home.

 View from our roof. (yes, I love water towers)

Shake Shack frozen custard - it's better than the burgers. Every month I take a picture of the new flavor lineup so it's always handy on my phone.  Very bummed I missed "Blackberry Buttermilk" in June.

My brain seems to get a little soggy in the summer.  (I'm not sure it's the heat.  I think it's the lack of school-day structure.)  I read much more than I write.  Other activities include cooking, plays, walks, movies, and Masterchef, which my boys and I watch faithfully.  Also seasons 4 and 5 of Friday Night Lights, on Hulu.

Tomorrow, the kids start camp and I will try to return to work.

Feel free to distract me.

(Great books read recently:
Strings Attached, by Judy Blundell
Every Day, by David Levithan
The Brides of Rollrock Island, by Margo Lanagan
Runaway, by Alice Munro
Where Things Come Back, by John Corey Whaley.)

Comments

Shake Shack said…
Rebecca, so happy to hear you're as pumped as we are for each month's new frozen custard flavors! Have you seen July's lineup yet?
http://www.shakeshack.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ss_custard-calendar_jul12.pdf

Which ones will have you visiting us at the Shack?

-Brandy, Shake Shack
Rebecca Stead said…
Wow, the Shake Shack people are on top of their game. Frankly, almost all of July looks great to me, Monday in particular. (The beer-nuts attraction, however, I just don't get. . .).