Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summertime.

 Our building's water tower, with half-moon.

Fifth-grader's last day of school. The science poster comes home.

 View from our roof. (yes, I love water towers)

Shake Shack frozen custard - it's better than the burgers. Every month I take a picture of the new flavor lineup so it's always handy on my phone.  Very bummed I missed "Blackberry Buttermilk" in June.

My brain seems to get a little soggy in the summer.  (I'm not sure it's the heat.  I think it's the lack of school-day structure.)  I read much more than I write.  Other activities include cooking, plays, walks, movies, and Masterchef, which my boys and I watch faithfully.  Also seasons 4 and 5 of Friday Night Lights, on Hulu.

Tomorrow, the kids start camp and I will try to return to work.

Feel free to distract me.

(Great books read recently:
Strings Attached, by Judy Blundell
Every Day, by David Levithan
The Brides of Rollrock Island, by Margo Lanagan
Runaway, by Alice Munro
Where Things Come Back, by John Corey Whaley.)

2 comments:

Shake Shack said...

Rebecca, so happy to hear you're as pumped as we are for each month's new frozen custard flavors! Have you seen July's lineup yet?
http://www.shakeshack.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ss_custard-calendar_jul12.pdf

Which ones will have you visiting us at the Shack?

-Brandy, Shake Shack

Rebecca Stead said...

Wow, the Shake Shack people are on top of their game. Frankly, almost all of July looks great to me, Monday in particular. (The beer-nuts attraction, however, I just don't get. . .).