Skip to main content

Fall

   Summer is like a plate of pancakes. . .


   Gone faster than you thought possible.


Happy fall, people! I've been writing, and doing a little traveling, and getting everyone past the annual speed bump known as "back to school." I'm deep into new-book territory, and I'm trying to cook more often (though my seventh-grader made those pancakes), and I'm contemplating the purchase of a coffee maker (I use a small pour-over filter, but when you want nine, I mean three, cups in a row, it's a pain to make one at a time).

The kitten has grown:

He has begun to bring me presents, such as live mice (a nice country present) and waterbugs (a nice city present). If anyone knows how to say "no, thank you" in cat, please let me know.

I have a few trips and events coming up (look right for details), but the rest of this year will be, I hope (and it is a humble kind of hoping), about finishing this draft.

More soon. Soonish.

Comments

Steven Cain said…
Your seventh-grader and I seem to share the love of even-colored pancakes. Those look perfect.

Handsome kitty, and a quality mouser to boot!

I did the same thing with the coffee. Even thought once of getting a big pump thermos to set here at my desk, so I didn't have to get up. Had to switch to decaff. Mostly decaff anyway. Sigh.

Look forward to the new book.
Will Overby said…
Wow, he really has grown!

And as a fellow coffee aficianado I have to say it sounds like you're way past due for a coffeemaker. :)
Thanks for sharing the 1920's tile. Love that!