Skip to main content

New season breaking

Today feels like summer, and it's been a long time since I mini-blogged. (I consider this a mini-blog.) I've been writing, and when I'm writing I have to hog my brain, so I disappear from here (and from Twitter). By mid-summer, I should have a "real draft" and will once again be able to put sentences together in other areas of my life. Meanwhile, thanks to anyone who even periodically checks in here.

Mini-update, with photos:


     We had two family birthdays in May.


     We sometimes make up the candles as we go along. Obviously it's the cake that matters.


      Also in May, I went to Paris with my mom. It was completely great: lots of walking, eating, and seeing friends. (This is the view from the studio we rented.)


     We took a train to Amsterdam for a day. I had never been there before, and fell in love with it. I'd love to spend more time there.


      Back in NYC, our family went to see Xu Bing's amazing Phoenix at St. John the Divine. There are two of them actually, a male and a female, and they'll only be there this year. If you're near the city, I urge you to go.

      As some of you know, I'm a National Book Awards judge this year (for the Young People's Literature category). Lovely books have been showing up at my place by the boxful, and I've been reading like crazy. Not being able to talk about what I'm reading, however, turns out to be more frustrating than I anticipated.

       More soon, I hope!

Comments