Skip to main content

A brave elf, a new book cover, talented people.

Created by the genius Schuyler Hooke*


Are you familiar with Hermey, the elf who wants to be a dentist? Friend of Rudolf?

Here he is reading Goodbye Stranger, my next book (on shelves August 4th).

If you read this blog, you are a saint, and you may also be wondering what's up with the cover of the book Hermey is holding. It doesn't look like the one I showed you a mere two posts down.

Like text, cover art is often a subtly changing landscape, but I believe we now have the real deal.

Voila!


Like the last cover, this one features art by Marcos Chin and the talents of Random House 
art-department crackerjacks Kate Gartner and Isabelle Warren-Lynch.

What do you think?





*This gorgeous Hermey figure was commissioned by my wonderful editor, Wendy Lamb, and created by editor/artist Schuyler Hooke, one of the best book folks around. Do you know how hard it is to make a ceramic Hermey balance properly? His head is much bigger than his legs! And look at that perfectly rendered book! I don't know how Schuyler did it. Thank you, Wendy and Schuyler. I will treasure this guy until my last day.

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice cover! Look forward to reading this.
Anonymous said…
just tried to buy your new book... when you reach me is an amazing story!
Suzanne said…
Love it! Already pre-ordered it.