Skip to main content

2026: On waiting.

Six years since my last post. A long time (kids grown, world changed), and also . . . not so long (still feels like the same me in here).

Since my last post in April 2020, I've published three books:

The Lost Library (Feiwel and Friends/Macmillan 2023)

Anything (Chronicle 2025)

The Experiment (Feiwel and Friends/Macmillan 2025)

But I haven't been writing lately. These books were all finished by the end of 2024, and since then I have been waiting. Waiting is what everyone tells everyone else NOT to do. It's what I tell people not to do. 

But also: Waiting can lead deeper into the forest of not-knowing that is, for me, the place where writing happens if it is going to happen. Of course I could also be wandering around in some other forest.

Meanwhile, here is a stone wall I saw in Ireland last year:


P.S. I am not part of the social media world anymore, but I do answer email whenever possible (rebeccasteadwriter@gmail.com). Or you can comment here. 



Comments